Speak your mind. Broadcast your vision. Shape the image of your community.
Become an individual member for just $30 a year. DCTV is a vibrant, creative and community resource that offers a wide range of resources, services and education. Join our community for an opportunity to share you passions and opinions - and reach over 360,000 cable viewers on-air and online.
Individual Member Benefits
After completing DCTV 101, a free introduction to DCTV education programs, you will be able to:
- Submit your content
- Enroll in media production media education courses
- Rent DCTV’s digital production and editing equipment (certification required)
- Hire DCTV’s production professionals at subsidized rates
- Participate in opportunities to have your programs recognized and promoted
- Attend workshops and networking events
Individual Member Requirements
You must supply a valid government ID and documentation of your home address with your membership application and membership fee.
- DC residency is not required for membership. However, all members are required to provide ID and proof of their home address, regardless of where they reside.
- You may mail your application or apply online. You can also submit the documents in person during regular operating hours, or fax to (202) 526-6646. For more information, contact us.
- If you are rejoining DCTV after a membership expiration of more than two years, you may be required to take DCTV 101.
We ask that you provide one of the following government-issue identification:
- Driver’s license
- Non-driver’s ID
- Government employee ID
- Public housing or social services ID
Verification of Address
We ask that you provide one of the following (dated within 60 days):
- Bill or notarized residency verification statement from a landlord or property manager
- Residence related utility bill – electricity, water, land line telephone, cable, gas
- Medical statement or correspondence (such as a medical insurance statement)
- Bank statement or correspondence
- Letter or bill from a government agency, such as the DMV, parking authority, or IRS, etc.
- Letter or paycheck stub from your employer
- Signed, current lease dated within the last year, and with the new member named as a tenant, lessee or sublease
DCTV does not accept the following items:
- Voter registration card
- Motor vehicle registration card
- Lease that is past the original expiration date, even if they have been extended on a month-to-month basis
- Medical insurance card that does not have an expiration date
- Cell phone bill
Get Started or Renew Your Membership